An adoptee contacted the Adoption Council of Canada and wanted to locate his biological mother in Germany.
What ISS Canada did :
- Contacted our tracing agency in Germany.
- Found out that his mother had passed away a few years earlier.
- Located a full brother (name in adoption file) and in doing so found a half-sister.
- Half-sister knew the adoptee existed and was able to tell us – ‘’My mother lit a candle at every one of his birthdays. I can tell him that.’’
- Nieces and nephews came with the package also (something new for the adoptee who was an only child).
- ISS Canada arranged for initial contact (there were language barriers).
- First visit (of full and half siblings) occurred one month later, in Canada.